Start a Gratitude Practice
[Please Note: We are affiliates for products we love. This means that Simply Joyful Journey, LLC may receive a small commission if you click through and make a purchase, at no additional cost to you. Please see Disclaimers for more information. Thank you for your support! ]
What are the Benefits of Gratitude?
How to Create a Gratitude Practice
Take time to look around and find things in your current life situation that you can be grateful for. Even in the most challenging times we can find things to be grateful for. Even when things seem most bleak, we can be grateful for the very breath we are taking.
Create opportunities throughout your day to practice looking for things to be grateful for.
Here are some ways to incorporate gratitude into your daily life:
– Create cues to remind you to pause and give thanks various times throughout the day. You may use things you do daily to become your cues such as brushing your teeth, taking a shower, washing dishes, etc. Or you may like to place some notes around your home or office as reminders. Over time noticing things to be grateful for throughout your day will become second nature.
– Journal – this can be very simple. At the end of each day, jot down 3-5 things that you are grateful for today. Things that brought a smile to your face. Beautiful interactions or experiences you had.
I created a Free Gratitude & Reflections Journal for you. This 7-day printable journal contains morning and evening reflections, inspirational quotes, and beautiful images, to help bring more joy into your life.
Practicing Gratitude with kids
– Setting an example – When we genuinely express our gratefulness to our kids for the things they do and for the joy that they bring to our lives, they will feel loved and cherished and will want to spread the love as well. Kids tend to “do as we do” – so when we show gratitude throughout the day, they will most likely follow our lead.
– Gratitude jar – Create a simple but meaningful jar or box with your kids. Write down something that you are grateful for on a slip of paper and put it into your gratitude jar. If your children are young, you might help them write down what they are grateful for or get out the crayons and draw pictures!
How to share the Happiness!
– Be sure to let your loved ones know how much you love and appreciate them.
– Say thank you to the people you interact with. Maybe the cashier at the grocery store, or the delivery person.
– Share a smile with others you encounter during your day. You never know how that might just make their day.
How do you Practice Gratitude?
Receive More Joy!
Stay in touch! Join the Simply Joyful Journey Community to get the latest Meditations, Inspiration, Tips, & More!